Andrew S. Johnston
Andrew S. Johnston practices in the areas of family law, personal injury, motor vehicle accidents, products liability and consumer protection litigation. He has been licensed to practice in all courts of Tennessee for over 26 years. Upon graduating from law school in 1994, Mr. Johnston began practicing law in Somerville, Tennessee with the Tennessee Lieutenant Governor, John S. Wilder, Sr., where he immediately embarked upon a litigation practice.
He served as co-lead counsel in Martin and Glenda Hunter, et al. v. Bank One, Dayton, N.A., which was a multi-state class action lawsuit involving the negligent and/or wanton financing of TV satellite systems throughout the Southeast. Plaintiffs alleged that an inappropriate means of financing (a revolving account) was misrepresented to the consuming public. The case ultimately settled with substantial benefits accruing to the members of the respective classes totaling approximately $27.5 million.
Additionally, Mr. Johnston has represented consumers in numerous other class action/multi-plaintiff lawsuits against corporate defendants including Ford Motor Company, First Family Finance, MCI Worldcom, Movie Galllery, Pfizer, Inc. and Warner Lambert Co.. Mr. Johnston is dedicated to representing individuals injured and/or defrauded by the negligence or intentional acts of others.
- LAW SCHOOL: Memphis State University (J.D. 1994) (Law Review Comments Editor)
- COLLEGE: University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana (B.S. in Business Administration with Honors, 1990)
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE:
- State Courts of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee